Well, it is all over. For me, my whole summer has been centered around learning lines, dances and blocking of scenes. As you can see the costuming and sets were amazing (thanks to Mark who built much of it!) and the whole production turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined. We even had a great live orchestra! So many of the compliments we got were that this was far and above the best community theater production they had ever seen. That meant so much to me as that is what we were really striving to accomplish.
This blog post really is for all those that lived too far away to come to the show, but I also want to thank all of you that took the time to come and see it! It meant so much to all of us!
It has been hard for me to put this all to rest now that it is over. I enjoyed every minute of every rehearsal and performance.
I owe a huge "THANK YOU" to Mark and the girls who were so great to be in the show with me. It made the whole experience sooooo amazing! Paisley was asked to join the cast about 10 days before opening night because she was always following what Maddie and Abby did at rehearsals and was so stinking cute at it, they wanted her in it too! Zach was so patient to come to many long rehearsals and to be to all but 1 of the shows. He was our biggest fan! (Though he is very relieved that the show was over!)
Enjoy the pictures from the show!
P. S. In case you are wondering, no that is not my real hair. Well the front is, but the back is a hair piece. I did have to dye my hair dark to match. I actually love it dark and think I will keep it that way for a while. :)
THE CAST

CAN YOU FIND MADDIE, ABBY AND PAISLEY
















5 comments:
Kim you were fantastic in the musical. Proud to call you my sis!
My heart is BREAKING right now!! Oh Kim, you must know how desperately I wanted to see you in this show - I got your sweet message and was like, "Ah! I need to go see that!" I had a sitter lined up and everything (I was going to go by myself, nothing could stop me!), then my sitter bailed and my kids were sick anyway...ugh, and I missed it. I missed your shining moment and by the looks of it you were FANTASTIC. I knew you would be perfect for Anna, you have such an amazing voice and you look beautiful in those pictures!! I am just in awe, it looks like it was a gorgeous show. Please let me know when you do something else, I promise I won't let you down! I know you were marvelous and I just love you!
PS - Um, that striped dress in 'getting to know you'?? So jealous, what stunning costumes!
I wish I lived close enough to see you. The photos are great - but I wish I could hear you singing.
I'm so glad for you that you are continuing your love and musicals and taking the family along for the ride as well!
Looks amazing! I wish I could hear you sing!! Any chance you have a video??
Post a Comment