Sunday, November 20, 2011

Time Out For Women & Girls

This year was the first year I went to a Time Out For Women (TOFW) event sponsored by Deseret Book. But my mom bought tickets for me and the girls (because they had a Time Out For Girls event) this year and so we all went together along with my sister, Kelli.

It was such a wonderful weekend!!!! ALL the presenters (music and song) were so inspiring! My FAVORITE person was Hilary Weeks because I am her biggest fan and absolutely love her music!!!! A close second to her would have to be Stephanie Neilson. She was the mom who was burned over 80% of her body in a plane crash. Check out this YouTube Video of Hillary Week's song that has Stephanie in it. Make sure you grab a tissue box as I promise you will need it!! Brad Wilcox, Sheri Dew, Lauri Christenson and Jericho Road were just a few of the amazing people that truly touched my heart. I could have sat there for another whole day soaking it all in.

I loved that the girls got to come too. They had their own room with presenters giving talks on subjects a little more geared for teens. Their favorite was Carmen Rasumssen from American Idol, and of course Brad Wilcox. They loved Hilary Weeks too!!

Check out the TOFW website for more great stories and info about where they will hold next year's conventions. You won't want to miss it! I really think this will be a new tradition for us.



The girls with Carmen Rasmussen


1 comment:

Katherine said...

I LOVE TOFW - I had wanted/planned to attend St George only to have my life take a different route :(
It sounds like you had AMAZING presenters - they are all good but you really had some of my favorite. And I love the option for the girls - they didn't have that two years ago when I attended.
I am off to check off next year's dates/places. If they are in Portland, do you want to come up and join me?